Anemia is a medical condition where the number of blood cells circulating in the body becomes abnormally low. It is the most common disorder of red blood cells in the world. Anemia is not a disease; it is a medical condition that occurs from below-normal levels of hemoglobin in the red blood cells. Hemoglobin is an iron-containing pigment of the red blood cells that carries oxygen from lungs to the tissues.
There are different kinds of anemia including iron deficiency anemia, vitamin deficiency anemia, hemolytic anemia, sickle cell anemia, thalassemia and a-plastic anemia.
There are three causes of anemia:
- Decreased red blood cell production by the bone marrow
- Increased red blood cell destruction
- Blood loss from menstrual periods or internal bleeding
Symptoms of Anemia:
Symptoms of anemia include fatigue, weakness, fainting, breathlessness, dizziness, headache, ringing in the ears, difficulty in sleeping, pale complexion, rapid heartbeat, abnormal menstruation, red lining of mouth and faded eye lids color .
Diagnosis of anemia:
Anemia can be detected by a simple blood test. Most causes of anemia can be diagnosed by analysis of blood samples under a microscope. A complete blood test is always performed in which both the red blood cells count and hemoglobin amount are measured. The percentage of red blood cells is called hematocrit.
Following are few tips for anemic patients regarding the cure of this disease and their eating habits etc.
Tips for eating habits of anemic patients:
- An all natural whole food supplement can be helpful in curing anemia. It contains Vitaforec(TM) that is extremely abundant in organic iron and has extra ordinary blood building properties. Iron is 16 times more absorbable if taken with vitamin C that is balanced in Vita force.
- Anemic patients should drink juices rich in chlorophyll; chlorophyll has almost same chemical makeup as of hemoglobin. So the chlorophyll can be easily converted into hemoglobin for example, fresh organic juice of carrot, beets and beets green increase the red blood cells in the body. Dark leafy vegetables also have extraordinary blood-building properties.
- Banana, parsley, peas, plum, purple grapes, prunes and squash also contain iron.
Things to be avoided in eating:
- Avoid coffee and tea as caffeine present in these drinks absorbs iron.
- Try not to use beer, candy bars, soft drinks and dairy products (milk, butter, ice cream etc) as they absorb iron from the blood.
- Avoid using food containing oxalic acid as it also absorbs iron from the blood. Oxalic acid is present in almonds, cocoa, soda, nuts and beans.
General tips for cure of anemia:
- Proper eating habits
- Maintaining cleanliness
- Plenty of rest
- Protection against infections
- Avoidance of other stresses
- Regular visits to a doctor
- Appropriate medical treatment
These all things help to cure anemia.
Treatment of Anemia:
If it is iron-deficiency anemia, it is recommended to add iron-rich food in your diet. For vitamin B12 deficiency, B12 injections are monthly needed for whole life. If it is folic acid deficiency, it can be treated with folic acid tablets and increased consumption of food that contains folic acid.